Sunday, April 21, 2013

Our Easter Weekend

So onto the actually staying on top of what's going on here in the Chugg house, which is currently non-existent.  More on that later.

Easter hasn't always been my favorite holiday for some reason.  I'm not quite sure why, I mean it's always fun, you get to dress up in cute clothes, the weather is usually spot-on (well, hit or miss in Utah, really), and of course why we celebrate it is the most important.  I guess I've just always been too crazed on Easter Sunday to really sit back and contemplate the true meaning of this special holiday. This year, however, I was able to do just that.  

We got home from church at noon and the kids went straight down for a nap/quiet time, lovely after a crazy morning.  To unwind, I hopped on the internet.  I think this is the first time that I can say that I was truly uplifted and blessed from getting on Facebook.  I loved reading everyone's thoughts, watching video clips & listening to songs that paid tribute to our Savior's life and incredible gift to us.  I am so grateful for the knowledge and blessings that the gospel brings to my life and that I know that I can be with my family forever!  What a great reminder this holiday is, Easter is quickly climbing the ladder of my holiday favs :)

In terms of celebrating, we had an Easter weekend of sorts!  Saturday we spent with Sky's family.  It was filled with cute Easter buckets: 


Both kids were so excited to open their buckets up.  Callen took it a step further and decided to prove that he really is the little ham that we say he is. 


This is just the beginning of difficult picture taking as we start adding more cousins to the family I'm sure.  Love them.


And boys will be boys...  Their facial expressions in these just crack me right up! "Callen! I am not a horsey!"


Finished off the morning with a little Easter egg hunt that Nana and Papa put together.  Sky has always been a tease, I guess it comes with being the oldest?  Or a guy?  Maybe you can shed some light on that for me. But he enjoyed hiding some of the eggs in unusual places, hopefully his dad ended up finding the random ones ;)


Easter Sunday was spent with my side of the family.  Similar traditions, yummy food, way too many delicious treats. Same awesomeness, different people ;)


With church at 9AM, we didn't exactly accomplish the typical Easter pictures before or after church, so we rolled with it and took some at my parents.  Minus Sky, whoops.  Although I'm sure he was more than happy to pass that off to me, we make a pretty good team :)

These two just melt my heart!  I just asked them to sit on the stair outside and Selma went into full blown model mode.  "Callen you sit right here, lean against me, good.  Now I'm going to wrap my arms around you and hold you so tight, like so."  Okay maybe not exactly like that, but it was pretty cute the way she posed them.  I don't think Callen's Easter car left his side the whole evening.


Overall great weekend!  And just the beginning of the craziness that is our life right now.

As I mentioned before, we don't really have a house right now.  The week following Easter Sunday, we packed up our little 2-bedroom apartment into our storage unit(s) and sent Sky on his merry way down to Phoenix.  He is currently living in our new 2-bedroom apartment down there while he gets situated with his job while I am up here with the kiddos in my parents house awaiting my sister's mission farewell this Sunday. It's so nice to be with family, but being a "single mom" has made me even more excited to be reunited in 2 short weeks!

I can't fathom saying goodbye yet, so I'm just not going to think about that right now.  We'll just push on to all the fun stuff we get to do in the next couple of weeks. On the list: Callen's (early) 2nd birthday party, dinner with girlfriends, using up all my Utah groupons that I have (haha!), and other fun things with family & friends.  Can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Spread a little sunshine right here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...